Sunday, November 30, 2008

Catherine Ezzell

Here is some brief information about me, I will send a picture later.

I grew up in Canadian, Texas, where my family still owns and publishes a weekly newspaper. As I tell friends, I was "raised on a newspaper" and became interested in librarianship in the 8th grade. At that time, I was the youngest student to work in the high school library during study hall, it was highly unusual for an 8th grader to work in the high school library. But the librarian quickly became convinced I was serious about it.

I have worked at Bryan Public LIbrary since 1972, first as an Assistant Children's LIbrarian, then after leaving for a year to attend TWU graduate school, I returned in 1977 to become the Technical Services (Catalog) Librarian, which I dearly love. I still substitute in the Children's Dept. on a regular basis, so I haven't lost that contact.

I am also a Storyteller and a poet, as well as being President of the Children's Museum of the Brazos Valley Storytelling Guild. I perform for various groups, at church, elementary schools and of course here at Bryan Public Library. I write both children's and adult poetry, and have had two published. My most recent poem THIS SPECIAL DAY was set to music by Bob Leslie and we sang it prior to the Christmas Eve Service this week. I am very proud of that accomplishment.

I collect postcards, bookmarks, miniatures, and unicorns. I have over 2,000 postcards and have been collecting them since I was ten years old. I have a fair amount of miniatures as well as a fully furnished dollhouse, built by a former church member.

For Erin, I admire your great courage and your usually cheerful demeanor. I love your huge smile and your friendship with everyone! I pray for you on a regular basis.

Must close for now. Best Wishes, Catherine (nickname Cat Queen)

No comments: