Saturday, November 22, 2008

Erin Fry


I remember the first time I met you and your family. We sat together at a lunch after church in the old Fellowship Hall. You were little enough to be perched up in a high chair. I would guess that it was sometime in 1998.


You were so cute! I was charmed by your name, your red hair, your smile, and the way your big brother doted on you. From the beginning it was clear that we had a lot in common. I, too, am an Erin. I had (and still have) 2 big brothers that doted on me. Though in my case, the red hair went on the big brothers. In those first few minutes together, I grew attached to you.


It is a blessing watching you over these past 10 years. I love the way we exchange “Hi, Erin!” Your brightness (which describes your smile, personality, and brain-power) lights up everyone around you. I love hearing about the great things you do in and out of school. The world could definitely use more Erin Buengers.


I think of you all the time.

No comments: