Sunday, November 30, 2008

Missy, Les, Heidi, Will, and Ryan Morgan




I love the idea of the Erin Project. Ya'll do such a phenomenal job with your website. I've attached some pictures of our family.

Les and I have been married almost 19 years. We met at the beach in Panama City, Fl. He was down here working with a group of about 20 guys all from Calgary, AB. That's in western Canada, but I would bet you know that, Erin. You seem like such a bright girl.

When I read about all your activities, it makes me think of my daughter, Heidi. She just turned 16 last Sunday. Yikes! I can't believe she is 16! She is working on her driver's training on-line. She says it is boring and she's having a hard time getting through it. She is a good driver though. She also plays soccer and swims. I think she is a natural athlete. She is like you, Erin. She's pretty good at whatever she tries. She's also really smart. She got an A in honor's Chemistry. She is in the 10th grade and I don't think she's ever gotten a B. She works hard though. If you have a facebook you can find her under "Heidi Elizabeth".

My son, Will, is 13. He's a cutie, but boy does he know it. Not that he's stuck up, I have TRIED my hardest to teach him modesty, but it is something he struggles with a bit. He also plays soccer and swims. He also plays basketball. He's a very aggressive athlete, and I keep warning him that the fun will be over when he breaks a bone. He's not a great listener though. His teachers can attest to that. He spent two days last week in In School Suspension. Not a usual place for him, but I think he deserved it. He actually told one of his teachers that "this conversation is over". Gee, I wonder where he heard that? He's gonna make a great lawyer some day cause he loves to argue!

My baby is Ryan, and as you can tell from the pictures he, like you, has cancer. He's got the same kind as you, Erin. That's my "N" word. We found out Ryan had NB just after he finished Kindergarten. He's now in the 5th grade. He's been through a lot and even has a scan tomorrow. He's probably a lot like you, Erin. He just sort of goes with it. He's very thoughtful like his Dad. We're always trying to teach our kids to think ahead, but Ryan just does that naturally. I had surgery yesterday and he stayed home with me today. Yesterday, he had thought it all out and had everything set up for today. He had emergency contacts in case something happened to me. He makes sure I have everything I need. He's just a really thoughtful kid, and so full of life and joy. Les and I are very lucky to have such great kids-much the same way your parents are lucky to have you and your brother.

I wish TX weren't so far away and we could meet you. There are many times I can so relate to the things your mom writes. It sounds like ya'll have such an awesome family. I wish all of ya'll the very best and I'm gonna stay tuned to your blog so I can keep up with all your fun activities. You just amaze me how you go, go, go! Take care, Les and Missy Morgan (SuperRyan's mom and dad)

No comments: