Thursday, November 20, 2008

Joe Pratt



I talked with you and your mom and dad and Davis at a hotel in San Antonio a year ago at a history conference. Of course, you don't know remember me; you were pretty busy running around the lobby and making everyone smile. But I have known you through your mom and dad since you were born.

I taught at A&M with your dad more than twenty years ago. At the time, I tried hard to teach him how to play basketball, but he was always better at knocking me down than at making baskets. I also taught your mom everything she knows about business. The three of us even wrote a book together.


So what does this have to do with now? We live south of Houston, and I am inviting you and your parents to visit or stay at with us any time it makes sense to do so in your visits to the hospital. The house is hard to find, so we have marked it with a big X, as seen in the attached photo. The other photo is of me, my wife Suzy, and my daughter Kate. We are standing on the bridge in Concord, Mass. where the American Revolution began.

No comments: