Friday, November 21, 2008

Rachel Atwell



You've never met me but I am one of those 'lurkers' you mentioned in your post! I guess I'm a closet Erin fan who has been following her story for a while now, and so I thought I'd better contribute something to your project!


Favourite Erin anecdote:


The post from a few months back where you described Erin coming down in the morning singing 'What shall we do with the drunken sailor?'! I just loved that it wasn't a meaningful song in itself, but what the singing symbolised. I'm sure Erin has her fair share of grumbly moments (don't we all!), but that just showed to me she can carry on through the pain and the treatments with the best of them, she's got the fighting spirit. Go Erin!


I also love the photo of Erin playing football (sorry, soccer- I'm English!) because you'd never know she was ill. It must be nice to just be a regular kid sometimes, and not always looked at as a sick kid.


About me:


I'm 21, and a British girl living in London, UK. I'd never heard of neuroblastoma until a couple of years ago when my teacher's son was diagnosed with it, and then I came across Christi Thomas's website and then a little later yours. I ran the London Marathon in April 2008 for the Neuroblastoma Society here in the UK (see photo) which was possibly the hardest thing I've ever done! I'm no sportswoman, so it was a major challenge and I thought I was going to cry when the hail storm started at mile 16 and I still had 10 miles left to go...! Other than that I love music, musicals (especially Wicked- I saw it on Broadway in the summer and it was amazing!), animals, friends, family- the usual really!


I want Erin to know I'm rooting for her over here on the other side of the Atlantic, and I check in as often as I can to see how things are going.


Keep up the good work!

No comments: