Sunday, November 30, 2008

Shari Feinberg


I have so many wonderful memories of you and especially Erin from the clinic. I can only imagine that from the first day I met you all when we were starting the Topo/Cyclo and it was of course a crazy MONDAY in the clinic. Needless to say everything in Erin's comfort zone in terms of the clinic was missing (most notably Heidi not being there) and in I come to do the exam. I remember Erin not responding all that well to me and really made me work for the limited physical she would let me do. I remember being pretty stern with her and not backing down one bit all the while shaking in my shoes.

After all was said and done you pulled me aside in the clinic and shared the most valuable piece of information that I would need to be part of the "Erin crew" You told me about the knock knock jokes.

When she came into clinic the next day for the drug I remember going to a knock knock joke website and coming to the infusion room to test out my comedic skills. From that day forward I felt a bond with Erin that would stand the test of time. Over the many months of visits/exams/scans I was so fortunate to meet the rest of the gang-- Davis, Walter and of course Nico. I have heard all about activities on and off the "pitch" and do miss those visits very much.

Although some clinic visits on Mondays don't go so smoothly since I left ;) reading the blog makes me truly grateful to have made a difference in Erin's life and clinic experiences. Please know that I am only a phone call away if Erin needs to hear a goofy knock knock joke.
Missing you and all my NB families very much. May you all have a happy, safe and HEALTHY 2009.

No comments: