Sunday, November 30, 2008

Kathy Jurgens


Erin, I just had to send you a picture of Hans and me and Eddie (one of my 'girls'). That's what Hans' grandpa calls my horses - I have two mares and he always refers to them as the 'girls'. He gives me a bad time about them and says the girls get treated better than he does but I know he likes them too. This picture was taken when Hans and Ellie came to visit me in Ellensburg, Washington last summer. Hans especially likes the horses and his Uncle Quinn's two dogs so it was no surprise to hear he liked your dogs.

I'm not sure which is worse - mischievous dogs or mischievous horses. Early one summer morning Eddie managed to get her back leg through the rungs on the barn gate and stood there and rattling it loudly. Of course I heard her and yelled at Hans' grandpa to "come help me, Eddie is stuck in the gate"! By the time I got out there she'd managed to get it out without hurting herself. Early (like 5:00 am) the next morning I hear this pounding noise coming from the pasture again. Only this time when I looked out she had one of her front feet in the water tank! I have no idea how she managed that trick but I wasn't about to go running out to help her outof her mess. This time I just opened up the window and hollered at her to get out of there!

Erin, I love your spunky spirit and especially enjoyed the recent 'worst day of your life' story. I've had a few of those days myself and in looking back I got a pretty good laugh at myself. And of course, as Ellie's grandma, I am especially fond of all girls with red hair and freckles!

Thank you for sharing your days with us. Enjoy your Wii and hope your back in school soon.

Hans' Grandma Kathy (also known as The Spoiled Cowgirl - Lara and Elle can explain that one to you)

No comments: