Saturday, November 22, 2008

Judy Moss


1. Erin (n.): That feeling on a chilly day when you step into a streak
of sunshine and go "ahhhhh". Anything that makes life better just
because you encountered it.

2. Erin (v.): To bound through life with joy despite often formidable
obstacles.

Though I can't figure out how to use either definition in a sentence
or expect that a passing English grade would result if I did, I think
they fit!

My story - I was born with the spirit of a horse deep inside me and it
can't be supressed. It is often exposed by a casual comment such as "I
rode a horse once". Such a statement is often followed by long and
deep discussions about my favorite of God's creatures. Sometimes the
person making the comment desires the discussion, sometimes not.
Nonetheless, out comes my horse-self. In Erin I have found a forever
horse friend. She somehow reaches into their souls and touches them -
Even Napoleon - a.k.a "red hot chili pepper" / "copperhead". Likewise
she touches me. I love watching her huge smile and small frame direct
a somewhat onery Napoleon to do what he is told. She is bold and
fearless and reminds me of me. My favorite picture of Erin and
Napoleon is when we thought they were riding together for the last
time because I had sold Napoleon. It is a picture of Erin smiling back
at me as she and Napoleon headed out for a woodland adventure through
our tiny grove of trees.

No comments: