Sunday, November 30, 2008

Terri and Chrisotpher Leedy




I have been reading your updates for several months now. Your strength, attitude, courage and beauty amaze and inspire us. Your smile makes me smile. My 4 year son Christopher has decided he wants to marry you, so if that does not work for you, please don’t let him know.


Since you like pet stories I will tell you one. When I was about 10 (I don’t want to give my age away, so I won’t tell you that was 30 years ago). It had been raining really hard. We had an old dirt bridge that went to the back of our property. The bridge had holes so you had to be careful to avoid the holes so you did not fall into the creek below. One rainy day I went out to feed the animals (we had cows, chickens, rabbits and pigs) and I found that one of the cows had fallen into one of the holes on the bridge. I went over to check on him and he was stuck pretty tight into that hole. I turned around and ran (as quick as you can through knee deep mud and cow poop) and ended up face first in the mud and cow poop mix. I had mud/poop in my eyes, my ears, my nose, everywhere. I did not think my family would quit laughing long enough to come help me get the cow out of the hole. We rescued the cow (and yes, I finally did get a shower).


I am a dispatcher. I dispatch police, fire and ambulance crews as they are needed. I learned of Neuroblastoma through 911 cares. They did a story on Marissa Monroe and from there I went to the loneliestroad website and found I wanted to do something to help. So in my off time I have been working on raising money for the band of parents. I work part time for my brother’s race team (if you ever want to check out a race car up close) I can hook you up. You can go to WWW.BILLMCANALLYRACING.COM to see some of the cars.


I will send pictures in next day or so. You stay strong and know that you are in our nightly prayers.

No comments: