Friday, November 21, 2008

Ginger Freeze


The Erin Project is a great idea and this is my contribution.

I've known the Buenger family since Davis was in second grade! He was in my class along with some other really great kids who pushed this teacher to new areas of learning. Those were pre-Erin days.

One early meeting of Erin was the fall of 2002. Vickie was wheeling her around Mary Branch in a stroller of sorts. She has lost most of her hair due to those first rounds of chemo. But even then she was eager to be in school! That big smile is missed at Branch this year, because she insisted on going on to Jane Long Middle School with her classmates!


Erin is the reason Mary Branch Elementary started a Relay for Life team. Our first team was the year Erin was in first grade and it just grown each year. In 07-08, the team had 17 members and the Branch Bears raised more money than any other team in the Brazos Valley Relay for Life ! It has been my honor and privilege to be a part of that team. Erin is a great motivator!


A little about me: Some of my favorite things are reading, camping, raising money for Relay for Life, and riding my husband's motorcycle with him. The Schnauzer in the picture is our 14.5 year old spoiled baby! She loves to go camping too.


Erin, I think of you often! Come see us when you have a chance.

No comments: