Saturday, November 15, 2008

Charon Edgington





My name is Charon Edgington and this is a picture of me and my family.... My husband Mark, our oldest daughter Lexie, our son Anthony, and our youngest daughter Carlie. We have never met you but I have been following your website for quite a while. My daughter, Carlie, was a neuroblastoma patient at Texas Children's Hospital just like you. Following your website has provided such hope and strength for me and my family.... And I really enjoy reading your mom's humorous, witty stories. I have to admit I was almost scared off of your website once after reading the posting - I don't remember the exact title - but something like "We have a Stalker"! I think y'all had just discovered a way you could go in and see how many people check your website each day and where they were located. My first thought was "Oh, No..they realized there was a crazy person in The Woodlands that they don't know reading their website everyday"!! Then after reading further into the journal I think your mom said she was her own stalker... Anyway, I found it very funny! Then, I remembered how much I found comfort in people checking in our website and leaving us notes of encouragement whether I knew them or not... So I have continued to check in on you all often.

Another way we feel connected to you and your family is because our son,
Anthony, is 11 and a 5th grader just like you. One of his best friends is a cute red head, freckled girl just like yourself. They have a lot of adventurous play days in the neighborhood just like you and your friends. Our daughter, Lexie, is a Senior at A&M and she will be graduating this December. I can tell by reading your website that you are an amazing, smart, strong, interesting young lady.

I also love reading stories about and seeing
pictures of your dogs! We have a Doberman named Rocco (picture attached). He will be 2 years old December 8th. Last year for his birthday we took him to PetsMart and got him a new toy and a brown leather jacket. We thought a big, bad looking dog like a Doberman needed a cool, leather jacket - but I have to tell you our Doberman is the biggest sissy of a dog! But he is sweet and we love him. He still acts like a puppy and likes to chew on things. If you look at his big blankets that we keep in his kennel they look like a big piece of swiss cheese - there are holes all in it where he has eaten big pieces out of it. Last week, he got a pair of my socks and ate them up entirely - no leftovers! I thought I had lost my mind - I was looking all over the house for them and then finally realized he must have ate them - and then later that day the evidence appeared in our yard if you know what I mean! Anyway.... Hope you enjoyed my dog story! Stay strong, keep your great attitude, and know we are thinking about you!

No comments: