Sunday, November 30, 2008

Mary Ann Jacob



My name is Mary Ann Jacob and I know of you guys from several different areas. I work at the A&M Press as design manager (I design the books), so I have known of Walter for a long time. I have worked there for 20+ years. My husband, Maury, is an avid windsurfer and is friends with Michael Opersteny and Ed Cook. We have been to several of the huge fireworks shows that Ed has put on at his house, so we met there as well and that is where I have seen Erin. We know Sam and Jade, and Michael used to take my son wakeboarding at your lake. I have followed the blog for quite a while now--I believe Mary Lenn Dixon is who told me about it. I also go to St. Francis church and heard about the wonderful lanyard workshop held a couple of weeks ago. I put together the newsletter and saw the photos taken that day. I know you all hear this all the time, but Erin is such a beautiful girl. She, and all of you are inspiring. I know you all are dog lovers, so I thought i would send you a couple of pictures of my dogs. We now have three...Shep is the sheltie, Luke, the golden retriever and Shelley is the beagle. She is just a little over a year old and I'm taking her to obedience school. She is very smart and sweet. We got Luke almost a year ago from a golden retriever rescue group in Houston. He had heartworms and was not always treated very nicely, but he is a sweetie and seems to be very happy now. Shep is about 10 years old and we have had him since he was a puppy. We got him when my son, Ben, was in the 4th grade. He is a very quiet, shy, sheltie. They all really liked the snow we got back in December, but they were happy to come inside after they played in it.

I'll send more photos and info later, but I wanted to get started. I have a photo that was taken of me and Chet Edwards at an awards dinner in the fall. I believe he came to visit you the next day. I could tell that he cherishes his time with Erin and thinks the world of your family. I'll send it soon! My husband and I were happy to get to sit with him at the dinner and visit. He is such a good guy.

You all are in my prayers every day.

No comments: