Saturday, November 29, 2008

Steven Kochevar



I heard about Erin’s Project from my mom and wanted to submit the
attached pictures. They are of me with my improv comedy group: they were
cooperative for the first shot, but they are all very high-strung,
theatrical people so things got a little hairy on the second one.

I also wanted to wish ya’ll a very happy holiday season. I was in
Massachusetts with my parents for Thanksgiving, and then we went to New
York to stay with Chris for a few days. I’ve got one more week of
classes until Winter Break and after that I’ve got one more semester of
college until I graduate. After graduation, I’ll be working in New York
at Goldman Sachs, a bank, actually a bank holding company, assuming it
still exists.

The names of the people in the pictures are (from left to right in the
not-crazy one) O'Hagan Blades, Charlie Croom, Gabe Seidman, Nell
Klugman, Lindsay Schare, Sam Lasman, John Yates, Alex Klein, Me, and
Brandon Berger. They all say hi. Together we’re called The Viola
Question. We do improv shows all throughout the year, both on and off
Yale’s campus, and we go on tour twice a year. The closest we’ve ever
gotten to Texas is Tulsa, Oklahoma, where we went my freshman year. I
have a lot of fun with the VQ, and some of my best friends at school are
in the group with me.

I really hope we get to see ya’ll this winter when we’re down in Texas.
Maybe we can set off some fireworks at New Year’s. I have many fond
memories of doing that when Erin was very young. I especially remember
when Davis attempted to simultaneously ignite as many Bees as possible.
I remember showers of sparks raining down on the parked minivans, looks
of concern on adult faces, and pure delight in Davis’ eyes. If we do end
up celebrating this New Year’s with pyrotechnics, I promise to do my
best to burn down as many houses as possible using only Bees.

I hope these pictures are worthy additions to the collection. I miss
ya’ll a lot and hope to catch up soon. Happy Belated Turkey Day!

No comments: